Monday, February 06, 2006

Random Notes

The words for "younger sister" and "hot rice porridge" sound the same (to me).

The other day, I misspoke a common expression - "See it when I believe it." In my case, true.

I am losing my ability to speak English - the name of the thing in the roof of the car that lets in light is surely not "roof window", but "skylight"? Those are the things in houses. But direct translations do lend themselves to entertainment - i.e. "mountain hole" - the oversimplified descriptor to explain tunnels built by the Japanese in warm time to hide out from bombings by the Americans. I just reread that - that should read "war time", but the mistypes become interesting, like Sean is in "South Adrica at the monet" - which I think meant in South Africa at the moment and than I thought about it and monet surely couldn't be the artist but the telescope lab.

A book title called "Go."