Thursday, January 26, 2006

Moved!

A few weeks ago a large group of young painters signed a lease to move in next door to me on the 4th floor. They are what appeared to be in the late teens/early 20s and when they'd get together to paint (which was almost nightly and with the approach of the new year, also daily) it'd be like a big party with screaming, laughing and squealing. I went over there one day and knocked on the door and there were about five of them hanging out, working between the bedroom and the living room and shouting across the space to hear one another. So I complained to the artist village and I was offered the unit directly downstairs one floor - less spacious (but less space to heat!) and more sparsely furnished, but instead of having 15 neighbors, now I have two English speaking neighbors in my program. After about a dozen trips up and down the stairs, I am moved out of 402. Still some cleaning and unpacking to get settled, but hopefully an improvement.

My old room 402 had a broom but not a dustpan. 302 has a dustpan but no broom. Go figure.