Birds

This rooster was on a busy Taipei street
hanging out in front of a restaurant on a
sidewalk.

These ducks were being fed by a little girl
and her father from a bridge in the botanical
garden.

At a pet shop on Hei Ping Road.

This bird was anchored by a bell
that prevented it from a full range
of motion. Sad.
It didn't occur to me until I stumbled on the traditional market at Longshan Temple where there were dead, plucked, raw chickens and severed chicken heads in trays amidst stalls of vegetables that I am doing exactly what the doctor (my elder brother) recommended against - i.e. hanging out around live and dead/uncooked poultry. At that moment, I became too nauseous and emotionally distraught to take any more photographs and had a mild hypochondriac freak out during which I may or may not have hallucinated fevers. Power of the mind and such.
Things that keep me awake at night: fear of bird flu, meningitis, acid rain, and contemplating the loneliness of loved ones.


<< Home